Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Did I tell you?

When situations get intense, God, at times, gives tokens to remind us that He is still with us and will NEVER leave us to perish.

The other day we were at a friend's house helping her with some things. I had purchased some 'conditioner' fluid for her contact lenses and she was using it. For some reason the lense she was working with slipped out of her fingers. She had been leaning over her desk so called us to come see if we could locate it for her. She has very poor vision without the lense. Both my husband and I looked carefully through every paper on the desk and every inch of the floor around her as well as carefully going over her, but all to no avail. After perhaps a half hour or more I finally gave up and went to do something else I had been working on. Duane continued to search on the floor inch by inch and our friend finally turned to her computer. During this time we were encouraging one another in the Lord. My friend was greatly frustrated because she couldn't really see without that lense and she asked me why something like this should happen. I kept praying often in my mind, sharing God's words of concern and comfort. Just after I went in the other room my husband called me back. My friend also looked to see what he was wanting of me. I came and looked as he pointed to a spot in a clear place on the floor - where all of us had carefully looked several times - where lay the lense. We all knew the lense was not there earlier. In our minds it was clearly a divine intervention and token of God's special care.

My husband is presently unemployed. He has been looking for another job but for the present also applied for unemployment benefits. He was sent a 'pin' number which must be used when reporting his 'job search' each week. By each Sunday we are to report the results of his 'job hunting'. We were ready to turn in the report but when we went to get the 'number' the page on where it is written was not in it's folder. We spent quite a bit of time searching but finally gave up. It was getting very late (11 p.m.) and I was about ready to quit. Before going to bed we knelt together and asked God one more time, according to His will, to show us where that paper might be. After pausing, I reached over, picked up a couple pieces of paper and there was the number I needed. I could only say 'Praise the Lord'. We were able to get the report in before midnight for which we thank the Lord. We won't get a lot of 'income', but every little bit helps.

I am taking these events as tokens that my God not only still loves us but is still in charge of the outcome of our lives.

Jesus loves you too. You are special!

Bringer of Peace

No comments: