Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trusting in Fear - or Love

My brother just wrote some very interesting comments on 'trusting in fear' (if you are interested in reading his comments click on his link to the right). That kind of trust, however, is a counterfeit to God's plan for trust. God wants me to trust, but not in fear. God's form of government is based fully on other centered love. That kind of love is the only real remedy for 'trusting in fear'. As my brother mentioned concerning fear, fear can be overcome by a greater fear but neither one will produce anything really stable. God's kind of love is the only thing that truly 'casts out fear' for 'fear has torment'.

So, how does peace affect the above? "Great peace have they which LOVE Thy Law and nothing shall offend them."

I am coming to a conclusion that everyone trusts in something. What they trust in is what makes the difference. When a person trusts in the Lord then they also trust in His loving kindness, mercy and grace.

As I learn more about God's joy - which gives me strength - I am learning more about God's kind of peace as well - which gives me His kind of rest.

I may have more time to do some additional thinking along these lines this weekend while I am in Kentucky. Whether or not I do I believe that God wants us to share His peace with all around us.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: