Wednesday, April 2, 2008

As a day goes by

Someone sent me a little humorous note about someone who had every 'act' of life fully planned out. I really had to chuckle for it seems that if I do plan anything that is the first to 'go' - somewhere except where I planned, or so it often seems.

We decided to help a friend by driving his vehicle over to another friends place a couple of hours drive away. We got started much later than hoped so got there going on 11 at night. They invited us to spend the night at their place so we didn't get back home until close to noon today. I'm glad we could help them and coming back we took another route so got to see another part of the countryside.

Every since my stomach upset last weekend my stomach has not completely gotten back to order. It seems I have a slight feeling of nausea way too often. I'm hoping it will get less and less and so am just trying to 'ride it out', so to speak. My hubby got sick yesterday but he wasn't as much as me. He seems to be doing better but still has some residual uneasiness as well.

Yesterday the temperature was in the 70s and today in the 50s. We have had a lot of wind this spring if that means much of anything. My peas seem to be doing fine as is also the spinach. I haven't gotten anything else planted yet in my garden area.

Son and I are planning to spend a weekend in Kentucky. He is going to some business meetings and I will be taking care of some of the children of friends so they too can go.

While in town today I saw a special advertised: Senior discount for a shampoo, cut and style - $10. I decided to take them up on the offer since I qualified. Since about a month or so ago when I let go of my long hair I feel better when it is barely to my shoulder in the back with the sides shorter. It had gotten almost 2 inches beyond that so it was time for another cut. I like it.

Hope you had a good day also. God's peace is from the inside out.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: