Saturday, December 15, 2007

Progress

My sister arrived safe and sound from Michigan. For anyone who has been by our place, you will have an idea of how much we have been able to accomplish. The living room is 'full' but comfortable with one of the rugs on the floor. The former 'office' is now a comfortable guest room/study with another of the rugs on the floor for comfort and warmth. Another one of the rugs was put in the family room. We have put plastic on most of the windows of the farmhouse. Upstairs we have been making a goodly amount of progress as well. There was a former bedroom I had been working to make it a library/craft/sewing room. The former living room in the upstairs apartment is taking shape as an office/project/video room. We have been slowly finding 'homes' for excess pieces of furniture which had been put in the upstairs rooms when cleaning out two other rooms for a couple of ladies to have as their rooms.

It has been such a blessing to have my sister helping me. She has a 'fresh' view and can see ways of organizing that has been a big blessing. But without some decisions that were made just a couple of weeks ago most of what we have been able to do would not have been possible. My sister had been thinking of coming since July. but circumstances seemed against her coming. A couple of weeks ago the man who had had his office in the front of the main house told us he was 'letting go' of that room as an office (the one now a guest bedroom/study). Then just a few days later my sister called and said she could help us for a few days. Not long before the man's decision to move his office, we had just finished moving the two ladies who have been here for some time into more permanent living areas.

Looking back I can see God working in His time and way to enable us to make progress in creating a more peace conducive area here on our farm. We may not be done but a lot has been accomplished this past week for which I am very grateful. (By the way my hubby got the load of metal taken in to the recycling place - one less load of stuff to get rid of. Whoopee!)

To me the above 'progress' is helpful in coming into one kind of peace. I do take a lot of responsibility for what has happened here but I also realize that a lot of people have come through this farm in the past few years and 'too much' has been left behind. I am determined to get rid of some of this 'left behind' stuff - both by others and by us.

Duane was requested to take some extra time off before the end of the year. That may also be a real blessing to help us reach a 'cleanup' = 'peacemaking' goal here.

Whatever happens in the future I am thankful for the progress thus far.

I just read at my friend, Linda's site, how she has chosen to be thankful for her blessings even with problems. That is one great example of God's kind of peace - I think so anyway.

May God give you His peace this season.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

We feel like we're there with you getting your place up to speed - as they say. So glad your sister finally made it there. Yes, she's a hard worker and has lots of good ideas. Also thankful that your hubby didn't get sick and will be able to take some time off. Please take care of yourself too. You are very special!

Your friend, Linda