Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new week

A new week and a new 'routine' has begun in our house. Since hubby is no longer working an 8 hour day we are hoping to get caught up on a lot of unfinished business around the farm. Our son just took off for Michigan so the place is considerable quieter at the moment as well.

We were able to get some wood split for our hungry 'woodstoves'. Since both houses have stoves we are using much more wood. But we are thankful that the wood is not as expensive as is bottled gas. We are also thankful that the remaining folks in the other house have been willing to keep the woodstove going to help reduce the overall heating costs of electric and gas.

There are also some other 'new' things this week. A close friend of mine who dearly loves the Lord is in a very tight financial situation. She called this morning and we talked for a little while. Today my hubby and I have been talking to God in her behalf a number of times. God knows far more about her than we do. On the other hand He encourages us to bring to Him what is on our minds. Not only is her situation involving her personally but quite a few other people as well. At this point in time I believe God could be glorified by answering our requests. At the same time we do not know everything, so we keep asking most of all for God's will to be done.

One thing that I do KNOW is that God's will is for us to TRUST His heart. No matter what physical circumstances may attempt to overwhelm us, Trusting the heart of God will not lead us to destruction spiritually but will draw us ever closer to our Lover, our Saviour and Lord.

Another project I am preparing for this week is a training 'camp' which will be held next week and I have been asked to share what I have been learning and teaching for the past several years with a program called "Passport to Life". My computer has been arguing with the software in which I made all my lessons so it has been a bit of a challenge. At the moment all I can do is 'print' what I have already completed. If I try to change anything the program locks up. Keeps life interesting, to put it mildly. Yet I have been thanking God that I can at least print out what I have already completed. I will be having a sort of 'week of prayer' at a church school in the afternoons and in the mornings I am scheduled to share with adults along spiritual lines. Most of all I want to share more of what God is really like with others.

I believe one of my primary focuses, even as some other blogger friends have mentioned, is to seek to know what God would have me 'do' and 'let go' of other multitude of activities that call me to their aide.

May the God of peace be with you this week no matter what is going on around you.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: