Sunday, January 4, 2009

Learning more of the Prince of Peace

New year, new week, new day!

This morning as the Lord and I were communing I was reminded again of the importance of choosing to take time daily with God. As others of my blog friends have mentioned, the temptation to visit blogs, write blogs and more can have a tendency to crowd out personal time with God.

It does happen to be around the new year so I suppose the following could be called a resolution. Whatever the name for it, my committment is shaping up to be to put my personal time with Jesus before other activities - computer or otherwise - in other words, first in the morning.

Another important part of being able to 'keep' that committment, at least for me, will also be shutting down the computer at an appropriate time the evening before.

So many things have been changing in our lives, but this is one thing I am choosing to aim at being constant.

May I encourage you, whoever you are, to join me in learning more about the Creator God of the Universe, the Prince of Peace, every day during this coming year.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to sit down and play the piano every Friday night. So this last Friday night as I was preparing for bed, I realized I hadn't played the piano (for many, many months). I had the excuse that my back hurt too badly, and it was after 11 p.m., and we have neighbors upstairs, but I played anyway. My husband said he had really missed me playing the piano and asked the words to the song. It was "Brighten the Corner Where You are". You never knew where your good intentions will take you - or what blessings they will bring that you didn't expect.

Your friend,
Linda