Monday, November 17, 2008

What's going on

Hardly seems that another November is over half gone already. One thing that seems to make time 'fly' is when one is involved in many things more or less at the same time. Another aspect, at least for me however, is that in the past few days I have also been 'fighting' a cold.

I am a believer in the power of garlic and when this cold first began I blended several cloves of garlic in V8 juice (with some coconut oil) and drank it. It is hard on my stomach but it works wonders for the sinuses. Another way I use garlic is to hold a clove in my mouth. That also seems to help 'keep' the congestion down. I have tried to slow down some and til this morning my sinuses have not been too congested most of the time.

Yesterday our son wanted us to come to an Expo that was put on by the company he works with. Five of us agreed to go and I really enjoyed seeing some of the products. After the Expo my brother-in-law wanted to stop at some stores to look at furniture, so the excursion took several hours before we finally got home.

This morning, though, I got the distinct impression that I needed some 'big guns', so to speak, against the 'cold bugs'. My sinuses were getting so bad that tears were coming to my eyes.
I decided that even though my stomach disagrees with the garlic drink I needed to do it again.
Adding the coconut oil to the blended garlic had helped considerably last time so I tried it again. I'm sure it helped but even then it took several minutes for the stomach to stop complaining and threatening a 'return of the swallow'. Needless to say, after a short rest my sinuses have calmed down and I am much more ready to face another day. I'm not sure I will get everything done I had hoped to do but at least what I do do won't have as many tears on them.

We have been having some chilly nights again. It was in the 20s F. last night. We do like fresh air in our sleeping area though, but with enough blankets and (last night in particular) a 'night cap' on our heads we slept well. Last evening my hubby did start a fire in the wood stove which kept the rest of the house from getting quite so chilly before morning.

Well, the day is progressing and I need to too. For starters, the dog just got loose. The woodstove fire went out, the neighbors came to greet, the dishes need washing . . . .

Until we meet again, may the God of peace fill you with all JOY and PEACE in believing.

Bringer of Peace

P.S. I do want to add a big THANK YOU to God. My brother had an accident with a nail gun that had the potential to kill or maim him for life but only damaged his glasses with a renegade 'nail'. (For more info go to 'Clay Feet' listed at the right - blog titled 'Fire in the Hole') I love my brother and praise the Lord that he is alive and well.

No comments: