Thursday, November 20, 2008

Peace from within

This morning (now afternoon) I have spent way too long trying to post. I have been studying Psalm 50 for some time now and was trying to put a 'paraphrase' on the link to the right. At times I have gotten very frustrated with the 'regulations' of 'blogging'. [I almost had a flashback to the days of 'DOS'. Some time around then I made an agreement that DOS and I agreed to disagree. One dot, one space in the wrong place and you were 'done' if you were working in DOS in the early days of computering - at least in my early days. I would be almost in tears trying to just get to the program where I supposed to be doing the work in the office where I was located. Fortunately the supervisor would usually be able to get me where I needed to go so I could do the 'work'. When I began working with 'windows' I agreed that others could take care of DOS.]
Today was almost that bad - but the problem was this is still windows. I have concluded that the blog site won't read 'Word' so I have to type in everything one word at a time instead of 'copy' and 'paste'. That gets old hat real fast. I may start looking for another 'site'. We'll see.

Having said all of that you may wonder what kind of a peace that is? Well, it isn't. Many things on the 'outside' are used by the opposition to try to frustrate me on the inside. In fact, those are the primary kinds of weapons used by the enemy who is working to defeat me in my journey into the peace that passes understanding.

One thing I have been learning through this and other experiences is that God is not talking of an outward based, outward produced 'peace'. God says "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled." John 14

God's kind of peace is first of all a gift from God and very different from the world's brand. I am becoming more and more convinced that His peace dwelling in me is based on my picture of God in my heart. If I believe a lie about God - who He is or what He is like - it will affect how I feel toward Him and it could be a very effective barrier to my receiving God's peace in me.

Another possible challenge to being able to receive the gift of God's peace is who I believe I am.

But I am praising the Lord that the more I learn about Him the more I am able to recognize who I am in Christ. Properly understanding that I am already His child gives me the ability to accept His love for me and to believe that He has special plans for me - personally.

I have much more to do today so must close for now.

Until we meet again, 'turn your eyes upon Jesus'. By beholding Him, He will change You.

Yours in Christ,

Bringer of Peace

No comments: