Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update November

I'm finally home. I spent most of the day waiting in court or waiting for paperwork to be done so the young man could go back home. The actual court date is for January. I think one 'reason' for seeming 'delay' today was giving his mom and myself time to practice praise the Lord and affirming.

We hope and pray that God will keep us in the learning curve of how to affirm and how to 'let go'. God won't always work when we are trying to 'do it for Him'. We have been practicing - mainly the young man's mom and myself - ways to express affirmation to others. Sometimes we have been practicing on each other. It has been somewhat interesting how hard it sometimes seems to find some words to affirm another person. Praise - affirming God - is also something we have been practicing.

After sitting around a good share of the afternoon I knew I needed to get at least a couple of errands run so we left the court area for a while. My friend mom was getting hungry so she treated me to a delightful meal from Country Cookin' after my errands were complete. We took the meals back to the court area and ate while we waited. We were both very satisfied. Not too long after we finished lunch the young man finally got released, Praise the Lord.

When he got in the car I suddenly realized how many things I wanted to say that were not 'affirmative'. I'm sure the man was already plenty stressed out and we didn't need to 'add to' his stress level.

Well, it definitely has been a learning curve for me today.

During the day I did have opportunity to talk with some folks by phone. When I called my dear sister she was a great encouragement to me. At times I have been able to encourage her. This time she encouraged me. Praise the Lord

Well, I have so many things going on at present I better close for now.

Until later, Peace be with you

Bringer of Peace

No comments: