Saturday, September 1, 2007

Peace by Faith

From funerals to painting houses to legal issues to cleaning and more, my life seems to be getting busier. And as I have been involved in the above activities I have been learning more and more that real Peace is not always the 'feeling' of the moment but rather accepting God's will for me.

I have been encouraging a friend who is in the legal process of a countersuit (on the surface). The truth is it is more a spiritual warfare. Someone literally betrayed her trust and then attempted to throw her away like 'dust'. Through this process we have encouraged one another to keep on God's side of the issues. I believe I have learned more about trust and peace through this growing experience both as I have worked to encourage my friend and as she has at times really been an encouragement to me also. She is in a legal suit, that is true, but I have been facing some relationship challenges in my circle of friends and acquaintances as well and time after time she has given me some excellent counsel as well as me hopefully helping her.

My present understanding is that faith begins with an attitude, resulting in action when the opportunity presents itself, of accepting God's will for me. As I accept God's will for my life that includes His Peace and Joy filling my heart and life.

May God grant you His Peace,

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thank-you for the birthday call. It's so special and 'peaceful' to be remembered.
Love, Linda