Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Continuing in Peace

Oh my, it seems that the hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Excuse the 'slanglish' ) Since writing here early September a whole lot of events have taken place surrounding my life. Some have been good and some have been rather intense learning curve type experiences. I have mentioned at times that I have been helping a friend who had been sued by someone who had previously professed to be her 'daughter'. To make a 'longer story' short, this past Friday an agreement between the two of them was accepted by both sides. If all goes well that means the case won't go to court - for which my friend is particularly happy. One part of the agreement is that my friend will move from where she has been living within 2 months. That means a place needs to be found asap. The last couple of days we have been doing a lot of looking for another place for her to live. There are two places at present she feels very interested in after the hours of driving around and looking. I'm glad for that much progress.

Another job ahead is to get everything packed for her. I got six boxes packed from the kitchen but there is much more to do. One box at a time is my current motto.

Add to the above activities a trip to Connecticut, in which I thought I was helping another lady friend. She thought she had a job lined up there but when we got there everything seemed to 'fall apart'. After a few more interesting experiences we decided to come back home.

Here on the home front my husband and I had agreed to have a Bible worker from the church stay here for nine months. I cleaned out the room I was using for sewing and crafts (it had been an office for a previous couple who lived here - for those who know our place). I painted the room in shades of light lavender first. But nothing seemed to be working together so I ended up repainting it white and hope that the Bible worker will be able to decorate according to his tastes.

I am also trying to get my place into some form of order. When I decided to repaint the room for the Bible worker, all the furniture was moved into what is supposed to be my office (was the couple's living room) and library (was a bedroom). On top of that we have been attempting to put down vinyl on the upstairs kitchenette area. We finally got the underlayment down but still have a few more pieces of vinyl to glue down before calling that job completed. I hope to get it done before the Bible worker gets here in a little over a week.

This Sunday I will probably be helping my hubby try to put a drain in the downstairs bathroom sitdown shower. I think the plumbing is almost done but we haven't yet got the drain back in place.

The above activities don't include the changes I have been making for the children's class I teach on Sabbath mornings. I like the class but with so many other things happening I am afraid I have gotten behind more than I like to think. The church is also in the middle of painting the basement and getting new flooring in after taking out the carpet in the basement - whoopie!

When I get busy I tend to eat less. It is a weakness in more ways than one. That may be alright for one or two days. But I don't have a lot of reserve and I begin to notice that I was having a hard time maintaining 'calm' or 'peace' in certain situations. When I would get a good meal it seemed to really help me to think better. Another BIG help to me is getting enough water to drink during the day as well.

But perhaps one of the biggest controlling elements I am learning about is the spiritual 'food' (taking in God's word which includes reading, thinking about and pondering the implications of what is written in the Bible) and spiritual 'drink' (the Water of Life - an inflowing love received from Jesus). As I learn more about Jesus and experience Him in my life I have been learning how to 'think' more like He thinks, hopefully act more like He might act and prayerfully be like Jesus.

Many times in the past I have forgotten to spiritually eat and drink and the results have been disastrous. God has been kindly reminding me to take time with Him.

Our lives may be busy but they are too busy
if we don't eat and drink - physically and spiritually.

I am tired this evening so won't get much more written for now.

May the God of Peace bring you closer to Him is my prayer.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Enjoyed your catching up posting. Makes us feel better about our busy lives. Take Care.
~Linda