Friday, September 21, 2007

Peace - or Fear

The Bible says that God will keep me in perfect peace when I keep my mind on who He is and what He is really like. The reason given is that as I keep my mind on Jesus I will learn to trust Him more. When I trust God I let go of the fear that destroys peace.

This week has been a 'crash' course in learning a deeper meaning of what the Bible says. I pray that I have learned at least some of the lessons. One lady laughingly told me that what has been going on 'around' me is far more interesting that the 'soap operas' on TV. We dubbed it either 'As the Farm Turns' or 'Down on the Farm'. Not everything that I have been involved with has directly had to do with where I live though. I have been helping a lady for about a year now. She has been through a lot of stress with someone sueing her which sort of pushed her to countersue. Not long ago it seemed that the two parties had come to some kind of agreement and my friend would change her place of residence as part of the agreement. We have been working to pack as quickly as possible. If that is all there was to it that would have been like eating a banana. But the other party does not seem to be content. For the past two mornings - early - the one who sued my friend along with at least two or three other people came by and walked all around the house and took pictures. (This was not in the agreement.) The first morning, after they left I also dutifully took pictures of everything as well. The next morning they came again with the same routine. This time, however, my friend (after consulting with her attorney) followed them around the house, with me as a witness. After they left we discussed what had happened. At first it was rather upsetting, but the more we looked over the situation the more I could see was a help to us. The other person seems paranoid, first that my friend wouldn't move as was stated in the agreement. Then, when they began to see things being packed they seem paranoid that my friend will 'rob' them. Rather interesting in my mind is that they have had a year to take whatever was theirs but instead they have chosen to react in this way. We consider it an attempt at harrassment.

The more we thought about it though, the more positive I began to see the situation. After one of these morning walk throughs it is now possible for us to pack some things we couldn't as easily take care of before.Before this we were trying to keep the house in 'showcase' condition. Now it looks more like a warehouse. We were instructed to put all of the other person's 'things' in one area. I have a feeling that that in itself has been frustrating to them. We are also consolidating my friend's things in another general area. It has been a very interesting way to pack to say the least. All activity has been filmed by each side and it will prove interesting to see the outcome.

I hope to get over to my friend's place early this morning. I have several things I need to do there today and then I have a bunch of stuff of my own to do as well.

Yesterday, my lady friend above asked if I could take her to a therapy pool called a 'turtle pool'. It has been helping her stress quite a bit to be able to exercise in the water. While she was there one lady here at the farm - who had moved from one room to another and had been quite unhappy with the new room - decided that if we could put carpet on the floor it would make the room better. We went to Lowe's and I believe the Lord gave us a super good deal. There was a piece of remnant about a foot wider than we needed and the man gave us 50% off. While the lady was paying for it I drove back to the farm to get the truck. Once I got back I could not find the key and then my other friend called and needed a ride as soon as possible from the pool.

All is well that ends well. My 'taxi service' finally got folks shuttled and my delivery service finally got going when my hubby gave me an idea where the key was - it was in one of his pant's pockets.

By the way, I have had laryngitis so bad that part of the time I could only whisper. The man at the store said he could hear me alright. Who knows, maybe that is why he gave us a better deal. It was the Lord's doings and I am glad. In a way maybe it is good I can't talk all the time.

This morning I am getting going early - I hope. I have a couple of day's worth of work that seems to be staring me in the face. But somehow, someway, through these and other experiences I have often been asking the Lord how I can act the way He wants me to act and 'be' the person He sees in me no matter what is going on around.

According to what I have been learning that is a great deal of what true peace is all about. God has a master plan for me personally. The more I accept Him into my life the more I become like His plan for me which enables me to experience more and more of His peace.

May God give you a bigger picture of His plan to bring His peace into your life more fully today.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: