Friday, September 21, 2007

A Day, the sign of God's Peace

Well, as this Sabbath begins I am very thankful for the haven of rest. While I was finishing my blog this morning the call came from my friend that the other lady had already arrived - much earlier than other times. I quickly went over to be a witness of proceedings. I wasn't going to stay all day but it just about ended up that way.

I am feeling some of the effects of the 'cold' or allergy reaction or whatever it is that I have so have been steadily been getting slower and slower this afternoon.

That is another reason why I am thankful for God's day of rest. I can slow down and praise Him.

Lord willing, I plan to welcome Sabbath morning over at my friends house. If the other people come we may invite them to join us. On the other hand, if they don't we can still praise the Lord.

I particularly am praising the Lord for the opportunity to share = both talking and listening - with my friend about spiritual themes today. I believe this experience she is going through is bringing us both closer to a better understanding of the Creator God and what He is really like.

I am going to rest for now. May the God of Peace give you His special rest also on this His day.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: