Sunday, September 30, 2007

Joy and Peace in Believing

For over two weeks now it seems that the intensity surround me has been increasing. That may or may not be of value. On the other hand, however, I have been having less energy. My voice comes and goes on a regular basis. Sometimes I can talk almost normally and other times I communicate on 'whisper' level. That has seemed to be a blessing on at least one occasion. I was talking to a salesman about a 'remnant' piece of rug - in a whisper. To make a long story short he ended up selling it to us for about 50% off. I wondered if he felt sorry for me but I didn't mind. This weekend I about hit bottom though and didn't go much of anywhere except dreamland, if you call that 'going'.

Tomorrow the lady I have been helping who has been involved in a lawsuit will have an official inspection. The lady who was suing her has accused her of taking things while at the same time it has been quite obvious that the lady knows a lot about doing just that - taking things from my friend. Anyway, one of the conditions of settling out of court was that this lady could inspect my friend's belongings before she packs to leave. (quite an interesting way to 'pack') Anyway, one blessing is that taking all this time to sort - one pile for my friend and another pile for the other lady - should make it much easier when we do pack.

That is only one area of my life at the present.

Another challenge has been that I normally teach children on the weekend. With little or no voice that has been almost impossible. Last weekend, for some reason, there were almost no children. An older lady friend stepped in and taught the children. I haven't yet heard what happened this week but I know I couldn't have done it anyway.

A few of you who read this have been at our farm. At the beginning of this year a couple lived in a four room apartment in the upstairs of a big house. They chose to move to Tennessee in April. A while later the thought came to me that maybe I could use some of the apartment for an office for my ministry called "Passport to Life". I have been able to get the majority of my things set up in two rooms.

But in the meantime we have been needing at least one more room. To make a long story short I did get two rooms but the apartment kitchen and one bedroom we have let a lady who lives here 'take over'. The room where she was in was at the head of the stairs. Another lady has been living in an impromptu bedroom on a porch. We are giving her the room at the top of the stairs as a 'permanent' bedroom. In order to do that we needed to empty that room of the furniture.
Oh my, my rooms have more than their share of things for now. I hope to get my rooms in shape some time soon. My oldest sister some time might be able to help me. But whether or not she is able to come and help me I keep 'hoping against hope' and keep on keeping on.

So how does all of this deal with JOY and PEACE? One reason is that each time God brings me through one of the above experiences I am also experiencing His JOY and His PEACE as He 'grows me up' into the way He would act.

As I believe that God loves me, believes that He wants what is best for me, then I am filled with His Spirit and His JOY and PEACE become mine.


Accept those gifts from the God of JOY today

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your friends always,
Linda