Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sharing Peace

The past few days have again been very busy. I agreed to work with a team at church to present a 'Vacation Bible School' for children in August. The Lord has been working miracles of love not only in my heart but in others as well.
In the past I have tended to be a 'lone ranger'. I have averaged leading out (0r occasionally assisting) in 2 Vacation Bible Schools each summer for the last 10-12 years. I know the Lord blessed and I thank Him for the many experiences He has enabled me to walk with Him through. But in the past few months as I have been learning more about God's plan for 'community' I realized the need for me to be 'part' of a team. God has led in putting together a team effort.
Our 'theme' this year for the Vacation Bible School is 'A walk in time to Liberty. We will begin by learning about deliverance in the life of Daniel, then Esther and most importantly Jesus. Then we will learn more about religious liberty in early American history, current liberty events and conclude with the greatest deliverance of all - when Jesus comes again.
So what does this have to do with peace! For one thing God is showing me that His peace does not come to me because of how much I do. God's peace is not dependent on my performance. God's peace is poured out because Jesus loves me. And when I truly accept that kind of peace, then true peace can flow out of my heart to others. Thank you Father in Heaven.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: