Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Disturbers of Peace

Sometimes it does help to be forewarned on how to avoid having one's 'peace' disturbed. I fell flat on my face anyway. I have been in e-mail connection with someone who believes that they are highly intellectual in spiritual matters. I grant you they do know a lot of facts. They have had a lot of experience also. If you want my honest opinion = which no one has asked for but I'll give it anyway - this person is hurting in some way. Anyway, I read my brother's blog recently on Exulting in Hope and decided to share it with the other person. (Here is where I fell flat) Instead of doing as the article suggested I got several responses many pages long explaining.
I read what was written. I also thanked the person for their thoughts on the subject. But sad to say, what was written in confrontational style did nothing to add to my peace. Also sad to say I answered some of the challenges.
So, why was that wrong for me to do. I can truthfully say that I am not more at peace after my responses even though the Bible promise is: 'Great peace have they that love Thy law and nothing shall offend them'. Arguing and/or winning a spiritual argument does not lend itself to peace. Peace is not strictly intellectual. Peace has a lot to do with accepting that because someone loves for you to be with them you can confidently be in peace and rest in their presence. Therefore 'winning' indicates someone else 'lost' unless you are in one of those 'win-win' situations.
I for one am back to looking for ways to reach this person and let them know God's love through me instead of just trying to 'prove a point'.
For now May your eyes be on the God of Peace Who will unite you with Him as you give Him permission in your life.

Maiden, Bringer of peace

2 comments:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

These 'challenges' are the most difficult kind. Maybe you did more good than you know though. Sit back and let the dust settle?

~Your friend always
Linda

Anonymous said...

wow. u lived in zambia, thats a poor country:(
i believe we should have world peace!