Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Receiving Peace by sharing it

Today did not go as planned (When does it?) On the contrary I found myself speaking with a number of individuals who seemed to be looking for peace in one way or another. One friend shared with me that after asking another friend questions they would allow their friend to answer but would not 'add comments'. They said they were learning this tended to bring peace more than when arguing. (I silently agreed, that time.) Then I got a call from another person. They began sharing with me how the Lord has been speaking to them concerning another relationship. Actually it was their marriage. The more they shared the more I praised the Lord, for I could see the Lord working to 'save' a marriage. All of these experiences, though, were 'keeping' me from doing what I planned to do. By the time I was ready to go help another friend my husband was on his way home from work. I decided to wait for him before leaving for my friend's house. To make a long story short both my hubby and I went to help our friend. After installing an air conditioner in her office (she has really been suffering from the heat this summer) and getting her something to eat - her foot had been bothering her also - I asked my beloved if we could spend a little time singing with our friend. He agreed and we spent perhaps a half hour or more singing hymns. Our friend received a blessing, I believe, but I KNOW we did. There was a sweet spirit of peace that seemed to pervade our friend's place when we left. I didn't get to do everything I had planned but I did receive peace by sharing it.

May God find a channel through you to be able to spread His peace to others around you. In being a channel through which God's peace flows let me assure you that you will experience His peace in your own life as well as sharing it with others.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: