Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God's Freedom brings peace

I was talking with a friend and realized I was getting offended. I asked God to enable me to see as He sees. He took away the negative and I was able to continue the conversation with peace.

My brother and I were talking on the phone and he commented that someone who forgives is not holding on to being offended. Does that make holding a grudge (offended) the counterfeit of forgiveness? When I forgive another person I no longer hold them as guilty and I accept the pain, the hurt, of the 'sin' (crossing God's will for the situation) instead of blaming the one who propogated it. If it stopped there that would not be good, but since Jesus will also take that hurt and pain from me as I 'let go of it' - He forgives me as I forgive others - I become freed in God which gives me His peace in my heart, my life. I cannot experience that kind of peace by myself. But as I agree with God's view and plan then He gives me not only His peace but His Joy. I trustingly 'rest' in PEACE in His plan for me and I love to be in God's presence - real JOY.



This morning I was studying in Psalm 72. This Psalm was originally written with Solomon's name in the introduction verse. However, the word Solomon means 'peace' and the first verse also refers to the 'king's son'. The overall context of this Psalm indicates to me that it is also a prophecy of Jesus who is also the king's Son - the Son of David as well as the Son of God and also called the Prince of Peace. I'll share more later but the overall message seems to me at this time to be a picture of God's final plan for the outcome of the struggle between Christ and Satan.

Might it be like skipping to the last chapter in the book to find out the outcome of the good?


I need to go for now, but until next time rest assured that God is looking out for your best good.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: