Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Big Day

A Big Day has arrived. In just a few hours our son and his bride will be leaving - first stop planned is Michigan, then South Dakota with a destination planned for Idaho.

It seems that son will be able to get employment there. For a new couple that should be good.

My emotions are somewhat mixed. I wish some of the circumstances could have been a bit less stressful, but on the other hand, sometimes that is what gets people moving.

If that were all that is happening I suppose I might have been able to keep focused better.
That, however, is only one event that has been tugging for attention. Keeps life interesting.

It is getting late as I write this. They have been packing. They can't take everything right now but what they are having to leave here is going to be put in a locked area. While we were recently absent (took a quik trip to Florida to attend a funeral and a few other reasons) some of their things were 'tampered' with so they feel an even greater urge to get on their own as well as trying to protect what they can't take right at this time.

I can't blame them for feeling uneasy. I was pretty upset - yes even angry - when I found out what happened. But I also admire the way they handled it when they returned - and I told them of my affirmation.

Well, soon they will be on their way. I have confidence, however, that they are not going alone.
God has promised that HE will contend with those who are contending with me and HE will save our children - Praise the Lord.

God has also told me not to weep, for our children will come again from the land of the enemy - not so much human, but otherwise.

I was very happy that they came to church this past weekend. The church here had given them a very nice wedding 'shower' so I was glad that this last Sabbath they were in church.

There are many other things going on, but for now, this is front and center stage so to speak.

Many of you know far more about this kind of day than we do. Some don't yet.

But as I look ahead, I am encouraged that the same God who has begun a good work will complete it. We have dedicated our son to the Lord and we are giving God the full responsibility for our son and his bride as they begin this new chapter of their lives together.

Thanks for any of your prayers for them as well.

Father in Heaven, thank you for our son and his wife. Thank you for the JOY they have brought to us. Thank you also for accepting the responsibility of their lives. You love them far more than we ever will. We rededicate them to You. Pour out Your complete love on them. Fill them with Your JOY and Your PEACE. We love you. In Jesus' lovely Name we pray. Amen

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Ahhh yes, I remember every detail of the day my oldest son left home for Portland, OR. I have a framed photo on my wall of the moment he was getting into the truck.