Friday, April 10, 2009

Update in April

It has been a while since I've had time to sit and write. So much has been happening that it seems 'write time' has been scarce.

With all the comings and goings, though, God has been evident in His directing both experiences and 'consequences', if that is the correct term. Maybe I can explain a little while giving a short summary of some of our recent activities.

We had been asked to go to Dalton Ga. to share good news about Jesus with Juniors and youth while their parents were in meetings during the first weekend in April. Last year this same group had met and they estimated that there could be upwards of 50 or so in the class this year. For whatever reason there were only perhaps half that many but the Lord blessed anyway.

In preparation for the classes and based on the estimate given us we had started preparing materials several weeks ahead of the trip. By printing the lesson books on my home printer I figured we could do the 'job' for considerably less than printing at a printing or copy shop.

In the past whenever I have been asked to do a presentation it is almost certain that I will experience some kind of equipment 'failure'. This time was no exception. But by the time I was using the 'fourth' printer even I began to wonder at times what was going on. To make a long story short I now have a second new printer (the first 'new' one died after less than 100 prints).

I have been considering getting my material printed 'commercially' but finances are still tight, so for the time being it appears we will still continue doing our own. I am thinking of printing small amounts on a regular basis so that when the next 'call' for my material comes I might already have some on hand. Of course, in a small two bedroom house that means storage space which at the moment is also a factor that has to be considered. Time will tell.

While plans for the trip were progressing other activities were also going on in our lives. A dear friend of ours has been having challenges which drew upon our sympathies and time. I am so thankful we have been able to assist in various ways to ease our friend's challenges and I thank God for enabling us to share what resources we have with others who also have needs.

Another situation that has been a learning experience for us has been ongoing for some time. We had agreed to let a certain person stay at our farm some time back. This past November it appeared we might possibly be moving in the near future so we told those staying on the farm about our plans to move. All residents living here will have to leave if we move - their living here is dependant on our occupancy). One of the residents, or so it has seemed, decided we were just angry with them and that our letter of intent to move was just our way of trying to get rid of them. About the same time it became evident that everyone was going to have to help more financially in order for all the bills to be paid. As a result, as I mentioned earlier, the one person took it our letter of intent and the need for more assistance with utilities as a personal 'affront' and decided to 'leave' (in a huff, so it seemed). A friend offered them a place to stay free of charge but after two months the person found reason to be offended and left there too. That helped me to realize the problem was not really ours.

Well, we are back from Georgia, having driven many miles in 'sunny snow showers' - a very interesting experience to have the sun shining and snowing at the same time - and we are working to get back into the swing of every day life (whatever that is).

Through all of the above experiences we have seen God guiding and teaching and revealing. I am more than ever convinced that God's meaning of judging is that He will reveal what is hidden so intelligent and true decisions can be made by those who love Him.

I have to go for now but I pray that all who read the above will experience just now the fact that God not only loves you but He is eager to give you the experience of peace in His love.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: