Sunday, April 26, 2009

A short time to 'slow down'

The past two weeks we have been BUSY! This Sabbath was such a relief as well as a blessing to be able to lay aside the hustle and bustle and running too and fro.

Almost 2 weeks ago we agreed to help move a friend. Friday afternoon we pretty much completed almost everything. Another friend said they would help us to try to get our friend's car moved.

That seemed enough to keep us busy but there seemed to be plenty more all about the same time.

Our church is planning on having 2 weeks of meetings concerning Victory in Jesus. I have agreed to work with the younger children during that time. I had planned to use another program that I had used last week but presently I have decided to instead do what I call the 'Sanctuary Map'.

I am currently presenting this to a small group every Sabbath so it would be easier, I think, to just use the same material. This age of children most of the time enjoy repetition.

This Friday one of my sisters came by to visit, with a friend. It has been so good to see her. She is helping me to improve some of my 'sanctuary' items while she is here. I have assembled some pieces to represent the articles of furniture and the gate of the earthly sanctuary as described in the Bible so that as we share with others about the earthly Sanctuary they not only 'hear' but can 'see' and even, in a limited way, experience some of the lessons God was trying to teach human beings through this 'map'.

We had recently taken the items representing the sanctuary to a weekend meeting being held in Dalton Ga. There we presented the 'sanctuary map' and a few of its meanings to a group of junior age young people.

My sister has come up with some ideas on how to improve the looks of the seven branched candlestick so we are working on that presently.

I am rather 'tired' this evening so will leave you for now.

Until we meet again, may the Spirit of the Lord fill your heart and life with His JOY, which is your real strength.

Yours in Christ,

Bringer of Peace

No comments: