Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Joyfully share victory news

I have been studying Psalm 68 recently. This morning I progressed to verse 11. The whole passage has been a real blessing as I have been 'unpacking' it, but verse 11 practically 'jumped off the page', so to speak.

KJV version reads: "The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it." Probably due in part to the 'victorian' flavor of this version (as well as a seeming bias against women by the men of that day) the deep meaning was 'glossed over'.

The NASB translated this verse: "The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim the {good} tidings are a great host:"

ASB puts it: "The Lord giveth the word: The women that publish the tidings are a great host.

Whatever God's word is (other parts of this Psalm unpack the message) this verse says it is the women's 'job' to joyfully share the good news. WOW!!!

And even more exciting to me is the concept that this joyful sharing is not just one or two women. The numbers are great!

I'll share more later but I got so excited I wanted to share this good news with you too.

And sharing God's good news is an excellent way to experience God's kind of peace in the heart.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: