Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Tired

At times I have almost jokingly referred to my husband and I as a moving company. I think we about ran out of 'fuel' tonight, though. My friend, who I have helped off and on for a year and a half or so is moving this coming week. Today we did quite a bit of packing and this evening my hubby came and moved a lot of boxes into the garage for next weeks move.
I praise the Lord for the strength He has so graciously given me these past few days. For the past few months I have only been up to my friend's place maybe 1 time or possibly 2 days a week. But with next week the moving days we have been working quite steady to get ready.

I also praise the Lord as I have seen my friend rebounding from the last move. That was done under a tremendous stress level. This time, although moving is always some stress, it has been a joy to watch her almost excited at times over the move. The new place has more room for gardening and that makes her happy too. Actually I believe the Lord led us to some very special buys. We found some 'brand name' roses for an excellent price for her new rose garden. We added some herb plants and some zinnias and a few other flowers for accent to put into the ground around her new home. But perhaps what has blessed me is how I see God healing her woundedness from the last sad betrayal she had been through.

I also praise the Lord for some real blessings and even miracles I have been hearing about over the phone in my own family. God is so good and He is wanting to teach everyone more about Himself. I want to keep learning.

While the moving plans are progressing we are having a revival at our church. I agreed to help with the little children so have had to fit that extra into my schedule as well. The Lord is blessing there in a marked manner.

A few weeks ago we were invited to go to Africa on a short term mission trip to Tanzania in August. When a friend heard we were going there they asked if we would stop to Zimbabwe as well. It is interesting to see what God is doing. We are aso excited to see how God is going to work out the ligistics as well.

I'm tired, but I'm also grateful for the God of mighty miracles who is very busy around here.

May He speak good to you too is my prayer,

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Tell us more about your trip. What will you do there? Who will you meet? Where will you stay?
~Linda