Friday, January 18, 2008

Peace - result or cause

Jesus says "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you." This kind of peace is a gift, not something that has been earned. This kind of peace that Jesus gives is based in a person's 'heart' - on the inside.

So, what happens when outward circumstances seem to be overwhelming one's inner peace? What happens when outward activities seem to be 'against' one's inner peace?

Today I seemed to be in somewhat of that kind of a situation. I kept asking both myself and God what it meant to be in the condition of peace that Jesus spoke about above. I asked God to show me what it meant to be the kind of person He sees in me and how to 'stay' in that condition even though outwardly circumstances seemed to be 'fighting' against me.

I am becoming more convinced that God's kind of peace involves 'staying' in His presence no matter what.

I hope also that I am learning what 'staying in His presence' really means.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: