Thursday, December 9, 2010

Settling In

We have moved to Illinois and are slowing getting settled in.
In one respect it has been a relief to 'let go' of so much extra stuff.
On the other hand I think I may have a whole lot more to let go of yet.
That said, there are some things I hope to keep, at least for a while.
We are living in the 'upper level' of my dad's place.
My brother and his lovely wife have lived on the main level for a number of years.
I really think it will be very comfortable once we get things arranged, but for now the business of getting it straight and in order continues.

This move has been an interesting 'experience' in my life. For one thing there had been such a 'pileup' of stuff where we lived and it just seemed there was little or nothing we could seem to do about it. Once the decision to move was for sure it seemed we were able to make advancement on the removal of 'stuff'. I'm not sure but I think there may have been upwards of 14-15 trailer loads of stuff we were able to get rid of from the farm. Some went out via the yard (moving) sale, some went as 'scrap metal' and some went to the 'dump'. But whatever way it went, it was still gone.

We may have 'lost' a bit financially but on the flip side of this situation, we are free from the stuff.

Freedom from so much stuff has also brought to me, anyway, a type of peace. It has been good not to have so much stuff around. I am still getting rid of some stuff but fortunately it is not so much. We did make two trips with a 16 ft. rental truck to where we are now living, but that is a lot less. Some of what we brought was for our son who is presently in Idaho so we kept some of his stuff until hopefully he can get it. Some of it we are using for now in lieu of bringing more stuff with us.

Peace is this sort has been a blessing to me. Physical things can have an effect on a person. I am looking forward to even more peace as we get better organized, but for now I can enjoy what I have even now.

There is much to do for now so I will sign off for this time.

Until we meet again, may God's peace be in your hearts.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: