Friday, February 8, 2008

A good Storm - showers of heavenly blessing

A friend has shared with me a recent prayer of hers. I liked it so much I've decided to share it here.
My friend has been praying that God would send a whole 'rainstorm' of blessings to the ones she is praying for.
The more I began thinking about it the more interested I became in praying the same type of prayer. God says He will pour out blessings so much that we won't be able to receive. That means that the person receiving the blessings from God are not only immersed in blessings from God but those blessings flow out to those around as well. Isn't that fantastic!! I think so too.

It is amazing to see God working as He finds people like my friend and I who are willing to claim His blessing for others.

Not long before this I had, while studying Psalm 42 and Psalm 43, been impressed with God's remedy for when the devil tries to depress and/or discourage me. Depression occurs when I look at the problem(s). David would 'start' 'grumbling' with subsequent 'depression' but then, almost ubruptly, he takes his eyes off of the 'self-based problems' and focuses his eyes on Jesus. What is the result? Simply this: with God's JOY (which is His strength for me) and PEACE (His Peace passing all understanding) flowing through the heart and changing one's attitude leaves no room for the devil's lies leading to depression and discouragement.

So, for whoever might read this I would encourage you to join me in claiming a good storm of peace and God's Joy based blessings for those whom the Lord impresses you as needing an intercesser to pray for them.

May you have a beautiful Sabbath.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

We must have been on your blessings list.

Your friend, Linda