Monday, February 12, 2007

Ah, yes. This 'thing' called "Peace". Sometimes it comes to us as a surprise. Several years ago I went through some troubling experiences with some friends. Over time I believe I have been healing. The Lord has been revealing some things about me that helped me to understand what happened back then.

It seemed that often situations would arise and many times finances would get involved. I wanted to 'help' someone and got blamed for 'spending too much'. I wanted to beautify around a common area and again was told I spent too much. I worked with a program for children and got told I charged too much. I began to 'back off' - retreat into my 'coccoon', so to speak. But let me say this much, peace wasn't found in the cocoon.

During this past year - perhaps it has been at least partly due to me changing and 'growing up', maturing, - but it has seemed to me that there has been an attitude change with some I had been associating with. It may have started even before then when the Lord had opened up to me that part of what had happened earlier was 'not my fault' and as I had accepted His 'take' I had experienced 'PEACE'.

Then tonight. Well, I was asked to go to a meeting where some decisions were to be made concerning property where we are presently living. Some other items also were discussed at the same time. I had been working on a little project that would affect several present and shared with them an idea that I thought would improve the outcome. It did involve finances and I wasn't sure what to expect but decided to present it anyway.

Wow! Not only were they interested in what I was attempting to do, they voted to not only foot the bill but encouraged me with promise of more financial help than what I had even 'dreamed of'.

Needless to say, tears came to my eyes as I felt not only PEACE but JOY also.

God is good. Great PEACE have they which love God's law - Love God supreme and others as one's self - and nothing shall offend.

May the Joy of the Lord be your strength.

Maiden

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

"Great peace have they who love God's law and nothing shall offend them..." Please tell me where that came from. Grandma used that verse often but I'm now not sure just what she was trying to teach us.

~Linda