Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hi, still from Illinois

Here it is almost September, already. As mentioned earlier we led out in a Vacation Bible School in Illinois. My sister-in-law had been having some lower back pain but after we arrived it got so bad she couldn't walk. We stayed a week longer because my brother went on a business trip. There were some things that needed to be taken care of at our farm so we finally decided that I would stay here to help as I could and my hubby would head back home to take care of matters there.

Through this experience I believe the Lord is leading me to learn more about His kind of peace.
He has promised, "Peace I leave with you" (That evidently is a gift.) "My peace I give unto you".
This next part I have been thinking about more as well. "Not as the world giveth, give I unto you." Whatever God's peace includes, it isn't necessarily what the world calls 'peace'.

Another part of God's kind of peace is that His peace involves my heart, for He goes on and says, "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

So God's peace is different than the world's peace. It is a gift from Him (not something I work up), and it keeps heart trouble away.

That is very obviously more than only an intellectual assent to a list or facts.

I recently read a book dealing with relationships. A statement was made - having to do with our relationship with God (Jesus) - that set me thinking. Jesus didn't say, I will show you the 'way'. He said, 'I am the way'. He is not looking to be some dictator - telling us each step without our assent or permission. He is wanting us to experience His presence. Peace comes when we know God loves us so much that we can 'fall into His arms' and 'He will watch our 'back' - we can trust Him.

He has got me 'covered', whether I am in Illinois, Virginia or anywhere else.

You are loved like that as well.

Until we meet again,

Peace be with you

Bringer of Peace

No comments: