Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A close one

It started snowing last evening. Predictions went all the way up to a foot more of snow or more.

But the few times I saw a tv weather forecast it appeared to me that we were rather 'near the edge' of the storm, rather than in the middle as we were in the last one less than a week ago.

Well, the snow stopped some time this morning. We may have gotten possibly 3 inches but it is not wet as the last snow. We are very grateful for the lesser amount.

I re-opened some of the 'walks' around - to the other house and such. Fortunately we still have enough wood for the wood heating stoves, although we will need to bring in more soon.

On a prettier side, the snow itself is beautiful. It sort of looks like icing on a cake.

Well, even though we still have lots to do that is beckoning us to take care of, I am doing some online work and Duane has been reading a book for a while this morning after some hot split pea soup for breakfast.

We are very thankful that our electric power has been on during all of these storms. One of my friends did get a bit chilly one night and another one about overdid it while shoveling snow, but otherwise we are doing quite well, as far as I know right now.

Maybe it is just as well to slow down now and then.

I have been compiling music that goes along with the 'Armor of God' studies from the Passport to Life. I rather enjoy when I get time to work on that project.

Until we meet again, may God's peace be with you.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: