Friday, December 18, 2009

The 'wise' will know what is happening

This morning while we were having worship my hubby read Daniel 12:10. We began discussing what the word 'tried' meant, especially in the context. That got me looking at the whole text. Following is my 'paraphrase'. I found it very helpful to put it in my own words after studying what each word meant from the Hebrew (Blue Letter Bible on line is what I use right now.)

Great numbers of people will re-form to God’s will, they will get rid of anything that doesn’t agree with God and they will become pure, in complete agreement with God; but those who are opposed to God and hostile to His will and way will stand apart and not distinguish what is happening. But those who are looking at God and have become intelligent in regard to His ways and are experiencing His love will know what is happening.


The word 'purify' in KJV might more accurately be described as re-form or searched out, separated. 'Made white' has the connotation of cleansed - removal of anything that is not correct, good, or right. 'Tried' is examined, tested, purified.

Those who have taken whatever time is needed to accept - and experience - that God really, truly does love them, individually, will understand what is happening. One thing that is happening with me is God is permitting circumstances to take place to reveal where I am not yet in full agreement with Him. Even though this situations may be tough, or whatever word you might wish to insert, so long as I keep in mind that God knows me yet loves me still very much, and I am learning to know Him, then each experience can draw me closer to becoming 'like Him'. Thank the Lord.

The more I trust in my loving heavenly Father, the more peace I can experience inside of me.

May that kind of peace be in your life too.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: