Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home









Well, we made it home this evening.
After a few tries I finally was able to download the above pictures that I took. Obviously the first one is of Carl and myself and my wonderful husband.
Krista's mother was the 'cake decorator' and it had a little 'water fountain' under the 'castle' cake in the middle. Lovely, and well done. The third is of the bride and groom after the ceremony was complete.


We were gone for about 2 weeks. Shortly after we got to Michigan we got a call that the pump had 'died' at the farm. Eventually a friend was able to check it out and fix it, for which we were grateful, especially since we were not very close at that time.

We had the privilege of spending some time with some of my family during this trip. In Michigan we stayed with my sister. Then after the wedding and a few other activities in Michigan we went for a few days to spend with my brother and his lovely wife in Illinois. On the last leg of our trip we stopped one evening in Ohio with a 'dear to us' couple. We appreciated so much the hospitality at each place. Thanks to all who made this trip worthwhile.

Just after we began our trip we read a very interesting statement concerning that God wants us to come to him as trusting children asking for His guidance. That is, in many respects, what seemed to come 'alive' on this recent trip. Except, perhaps, for the wedding, it seemed that our plans were being frequently changed. Yet looking back I believe that God was directing the changes.

I hope to share more but it is getting late and I need to rest.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

We're delighted and happy that you stopped by ever so briefly. We got those tulips planted this evening, and dear Sheba is still hanging on. We hope you got at least a few minutes rest during the night.
Love, Linda & Jim