Saturday, September 5, 2009

Transitions

Transitions
This past week our son left for Michigan with the express purpose of getting married.
I'm not the bride's mom so haven't been kept much in the loop - may be just as well.
I'm not even sure of the date but at present it may be in October.

Transitions
Since my bout with acute lyme disease earlier this summer I felt it best to 'back out' from leading a children's division in our church, at least for this year. I have been still helping some part time but it is definitely a change. Today I was in the adult class. It is nice but different. One big difference of course is that I am not the 'teacher/leader' and therefore should not do all the talking. It is good for me.

Transitions
We are heading into fall soon. Our tomato plants are slowing down. We have had some 50+ degree nights and that often causes some plants to change. We do thank the Lord for the bountiful crop of mostly yellow tomatoes but some red ones as well.

Transitions
A couple of weeks ago we finished cleaning the weeds off of the electric fence for the horse field. Then we began cleaning up the flower beds near the door into the farm house. We had given another person the responsibility of keeping them and as a result they became wilderness patches. We have been digging up and sifting the dirt to reduce the root mass that had accumulated during the past three years. We have finished one and begun on the second one. I planted some herbs and mums in the first bed and hope to get some pansies planted for the winter. If the weather doesn't get too cold we may get pansy flowers until next spring from the plants planted now and in the fall.

A really nice transition
Even before I had the accute lyme illness it had seemed that my brain just wasn't working well. I am still taking some supplements specifically aimed at restoring the immune system's ability to 'fight'. It seems that this past week or so I have been able to concentrate especially on spiritual topics with more clarity, praise the Lord. I have returned to working with Psalm 68 where I had sort of left off before I got really sick. It is making a lot more sense and I have been enjoying the stretching it seems to be taking to get a feel of what God was expressing through this Psalm. There is a lot to this portion of scripture. When I feel more comfortable with my explorations I may post it on the paraphrase link, but that may yet be a little while.

Well, that is a little update of a few things going on in our little part of the world. With my hubby out of work we have been able to get more things done around the farm place here where we live. We are down to one working vehicle - our old clunker pickup - and we are thankful for the wheels. My hubby's brother also lives here and we have been eating the midday meal oftentimes with him and another friend who also lives here. I am thankful for the fellowship.

It is getting time for me to do other things so will close for this time and leave with you who have read this far with my wish of peace for you just now.

Father in heaven, grant Your peace as well as Your joy to all who care about us. Thank You.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thanks for the update. We've been concerned about your health. Take care and greetings to all there.

~Linda & Jim